Home > Rresearch Achievements
１．Implementation of Kenyan comprehensive school health program: improvement and association with students' academic attainment.
Akiyama T, Njenga SM, Njomo DW, Takeuchi R, Kazama H, Mutua A, Walema B, Tomokawa S, Estrada CA, Henzan H, Asakura T, Shimada M, Ichinose Y, Kamiya Y, Kaneko S, Kobayashi J.
Health Promot Int. 2020 Mar 3. [Epub ahead of print]
２．School Health Promotion in Southeast Asia by the Japan and Partners
Estrada CAM, Gregorio ERJ, Kanyasan K, Jeudyla H, Tomokawa S, Dumlao MC, Kobayashi J
Pediatirics Interantional 2020, 62(9):1029-1038
3. Examining the appropriateness and reliability of the strategy of the Kenyan Comprehensive School Health Program
Tomokawa A, Asakura T, Njenga SM, Doris Njomo D, Takeuchi R, Akiyama T, Kazama H, Mutua A, Barnett W, Henzan H, Shimada M, Ichinose Y, Kamiya Y, Kaneko S, Miyake K, Kobayashi J. Global Health Promotion 2020 [Epub ahead of print]
4. Analysis of integrated health and welfare services and the direction of community care in Seoul and Japan using capacity mapping tool. (in Korean)
Nam EW, You B, Noda S, Kobayashi J, Shon C. The Seoul Intitute Journal 2020, 19, 2-4
５．Current situation and comparison of school mental health in ASEAN countries.
Nishio A, Kakimoto M, Bermardo TMS, Kobayashi J.
Pediatr Int. 2020, 62,4,428-443
６．Current situation and challenges for mental health focused on treatment and care in Japan and the Philippines - highlights of the training program by the National Center for Global Health and Medicine
Estrada CA, Usami M, Satake N, Gregorio EJ, Leynes C, Balderrama N, Leon JF, Concepcion RA, Timbalopez CT, Tsujii N, Harada I, Masuya J, Kihara H, Kawahara K, Yoshimura Y, Hakoshima Y, Kobayashi J
BMC Proceedings 2020 14,11
7. Effective school-based preventive interventions for alcohol use in Africa: A systematic review
Tokomaka S, Asakura T, Akiyama T, Makino Y, Nhishio A, Kobayashi J, Jimba M, Ayi I, Njenga SM, Asakura T
African Health Sciences 2020, 20(3), 1397-1406
8. School-based education to prevent bullying in high schools in Indonesia
Noboru T, Amalia E, Hernandez PMR, Nurbaity L, Affarah WS, Nonaka D, Takeuchi R, Kadriyan H, Kobayashi J
Pediatr Int. 2020 (E-pub a head)
9. Mothers' experiences of parenting a child with chromosomal structural abnormalities: The journey to acceptance
Kutsunugi S, Tsujino K, Murakami K, Iida K, Gima T, Endoh Y , Tamashiro Y, Stone TE, Kobayashi J
Jpn J Nurs Sci 2020 (E-pub a head)
1) Malaria prevalence, knowledge, perception, preventive and treatment behavior among military in Champasak and Attapeu provinces, Lao PDR: a mixed methods study. Vilay P, Nonaka D, Senamonty P, Lao M, Iwagami M, Kobayashi J, Hernandez PM, Phrasisombath K, Kounnavong S, Hongvanthong B, Brey PT, Kano S. Trop Med Health. 2019;47:11.
2) Malaria among foreign migrant workers in Savannakhet Province, Lao People's Democratic Republic. Pongvongsa T, Nonaka D, Iwagami M, Soundala P, Khattignavong P, Xangsayarath P, Nishimoto F, Kobayashi J, Hongvanthon B, Brey PT, Kano S.Trop Med Health. 2019;47:10.
3) Oral health behavior of children and guardians' beliefs about children's dental caries in Vientiane, Lao People's Democratic Republic (Lao PDR). Phanthavong S, Nonaka D, Phonaphone T, Kanda K, Sombouaphan P, Wake N, Sayavong S, Nakasone T, Phongsavath K, Arasaki A. PLoS One. 2019;14:e0211257.
4) Intestinal helminth infections in HIV-infected patients in Savannakhet after establishment of an HIV registration network in Lao People's Democratic Republic. Kaneshiro Y, Sourinphoumy K, Imaizumi N, Rasaphon M, Kuba-Miyara M, Sakihama S, Guerrero CLH, Nhativong K, Nonaka D, Pongvongsa T, Kobayashi J, Kounnavong S, Fukushima T. Trop Med Health. 2019;47:14.
5) Quality of public school toilets and the frequency of changing sanitary napkins among students in public secondary schools in the City of Manila, Philippines. Katsuno C, Gregorio ER Jr, Lomboy MFTC, Nonaka D, Hernandez PMR, Estrada CAM, Pimentel JMT, Bernadas RMGC, Kobayashi J. Trop Med Health. 2019;47:5.
６）Knowledge, attitudes, and practices of public secondary school teachers on Zika Virus Disease: A basis for the development of evidence-based Zika educational materials for schools in the Philippines.
Gregorio ER Jr, Medina JRC, Lomboy MFTC, Talaga ADP, Hernandez PMR, Kodama M, Kobayashi J.
PLoS One. 2019 28;14(3)
７）Suicidal ideation, suicidal behaviors, and attitudes towards suicide of adolescents enrolled in the Alternative Learning System in Manila, Philippines-a mixed methods study.
Estrada CAM, Nonaka D, Gregorio ER Jr, Leynes CR, Del Castillo RT, Hernandez PMR, Hayakawa T, Kobayashi J.
Trop Med Health. 2019 29;47:22.
８）Religious education can contribute to adolescent mental health in school settings
Crystal Amiel M. EstradaEmail author, Marian Fe Theresa C. Lomboy, Ernesto R. GregorioJr., Emmy Amalia, Cynthia R. Leynes, Romeo R. Quizon and Jun Kobayashi
International Journal of Mental Health Systems 2019 13:28
９）Is there a gap between health education content and practice toward schistosomiasis prevention among schoolchildren along the shores of Lake Victoria in Kenya?
Takeuchi R, Njenga SM, Ichinose Y, Kaneko S, Estrada CA, Kobayashi J.
PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2019, 19;13(8):e0007572.
10) Is the place of birth related to the mother's satisfaction with childbirth? A cross-sectional study in a rural district of the Lao People's Democratic Republic (Lao PDR).
Takayama T, Phongluxa K, Nonaka D, Sato C, Gregorio ER Jr, Inthavong N, Pongvongsa T, Kounnavong S, Kobayashi J.
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2019 Sep 11;19(1):333.
11) Factors influencing the choice of facility-based delivery in the ethnic minority villages of Lao PDR: a qualitative case study.
Sato C, Phongluxa K, Toyama N, Gregorio ER Jr, Miyoshi C, Nishimoto F, Takayama T, Pongvongsa T, Takahashi K, Kounnavong S, Kobayashi J.
Trop Med Health. 2019 Sep 5;47:50
12）Strengthening self-help and mutual aid in Japan’s community-based integrated care system based on the Thai health policy for the elderly. Sudo K, Kobayashi J, Noda S, Chompikul J, Fukuda Y, Takahashi K
J Public Health Development 2019 17 (2) 115-129
13) The Determinants of skilled birth attendance at childbirth in Attapeu province, Lao People’s Democratic Republic. Ibi T, Takahashi K, Kounnavong S, Kobayashi J, Noda S, Horiuchi S, Makimoto S, Phrommala S, Yamaoka K
J Public Health Development 2019 17 (2) 93－113
Tomokawa S, Kaewviset S, Saito J, Akiyama T, Waikugul J, Okada K, Kobayashi J, Jimba M.
Health Educ Res. 2018 1;33(2):186-195
２）Japan's healthcare policy for the elderly through the concepts of self-help (Ji-jo), mutual aid (Go-jo), social solidarity care (Kyo-jo), and governmental care (Ko-jo).
Sudo K, Kobayashi J, Noda S, Fukuda Y, Takahashi K.
Biosci Trends. 2018 18;12(1):7-11
３）Systematic review of school tobacco prevention programs in African countries from 2000 to 2016.
Nishio A, Saito J, Tomokawa S, Kobayashi J, Makino Y, Akiyama T, Miyake K, Yamamoto M.
PLoS One. 2018 6;13(2)
４）Socioeconomic determinants of accessibility to birth registration in Lao PDR.
Nomura M, Xangsayarath P, Takahashi K, Kamiya Y, Siengsounthone L, Ogino H, Kobayashi J.
BMC Public Health. 2018 8;18(1):116
５）Youth sports activity and young people's well-being after a disaster: a trial with the Mastery Approach to Coaching (MAC) in the Philippines.
Akiyama T, Gregorio ER Jr, Kobayashi J.
BMC Res Notes. 2018 22;11(1):747.
６）Pfcrt genotypes and related microsatellite DNA polymorphisms on Plasmodium falciparum differed among populations in the Greater Mekong Subregion.
Iwagami M, Tangpukdee N, Wilairatana P, Krudsood S, Dao LD, Nakazawa S, Sinuon M, Socheat D, Yasuoka J, Jimba M, Watanabe H, Kobayashi J, Toma H, Vanisaveth V, Hongvanthong B, Brey PT, Kano S.
Parasitol Int. 2018 Dec;67(6):816-823.
７）Implementation of disaster risk reduction and management policies in a school setting in Lao PDR: a case study.
Kanyasan K, Nonaka D, Chatouphonexay A, Hernandez PM, Kounnavong S, Kobayashi J.
Trop Med Health. 2018,12;46:42.
8) Addressing challenges in children’s mental health in disaster-affected areas in Japan and the Philippines – highlights of the training program by the National Center for Global Health and Medicine
Usami M, Lomboy MRT, Satake N, Estrada CAM, Kodama M, Gregorio ERJ, Suzuki Y, Uytico RB, Molon MP, Harada I, Yamamoto K, Inazaki K, Ushijima H, Leynes C, Kobayashi J, Quizon RR, Hayakawa T
BMC Proceedings 2018 12 (Suppl 14) :65
９）Odds, challenges and new approaches in the control of helminthiasis, an Asian study
Sato MO, Adsakwattana P, Fontanill IKC, Kobayashi J, Sato M, Pongvongsa T Fornillos RJC, Waikagul J
Parasite Epi Control 2018 4: e00083
10) Takahashi E, Nonaka D, Iwagami M, Phoutnalong V, Chanthakoumane K, Kobayashi J, Pongvongsa T, Kounnavong S, Hongvanthong B, Brey PT, Kano S. Patients' adherence to artemisinin-based combination therapy and healthcare workers' perception and practice in Savannakhet province, Lao PDR.Trop Med Health. 2018;46:44.
11) Kurotani K, Karunapema P, Jayaratne K, Sato M, Hayashi T, Kajio H, Fukuda S, Hara H, Okazaki O, Jayatilleke AU, Nonaka D, Noda M, Mizoue T. Circulating odd-chain saturated fatty acids were associated with arteriosclerosis among patients with diabetes, dyslipidemia, or hypertension in Sri Lanka but not Japan. Nutr Res. 2018;50:82-93.
１）Individual and household factors associated with incidences of village malaria in Xepon district, Savannakhet province, Lao PDR.
Inthavong N, Nonaka D, Kounnavong S, Iwagami M, Phommala S, Kobayashi J, Hongvanthong B, Pongvongsa T, Brey PT, Kano S.
Trop Med Health. 2017 7;45:36.
2) Coinfection of Sexually Transmitted Infections among HIV-Positive Individuals: Cross-Sectional Results of a Community-Based Positive Living with HIV (POLH) Study in Nepal
Poudel KC, Poudel-Tandukar K, Palmer PH, Mizoue T, Jimba M, Kobayashi J, Acharya B, Pandey BD, Oka S.
J Int Assoc Provid AIDS Care. 2017
3) Inclusive Education in Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN): Literature Review from 1995–2015 Nishio A, Tomokawa S,Kobayashi J, Mizoue T, Horita T, Yamamoto M School Health. 2017, 13, 20-29 1. Akiyama T, Pongvongsa T, Phrommala S, Taniguch T, Inamine Y, Takeuchi R, Watanabe T, Nishimoto F, Moji K, Kano S, Watanabe H, Kobayashi J
Asymptomatic malaria, growth status, and anaemia among children in Lao People's Democratic Republic: a cross-sectional study
Malaria Journal 2016, 15:499
2. Pongvongsa T, Nonaka D, Iwagami M, Nakatsu M, Phongmany P, Nishimoto F, Kobayashi J, Hongvanthon B, Brey PT, Moji K, Mita T, Kano S
Household clustering of asymptomatic malaria infections in Xepon district, Savannakhet province, Lao PDR
Malaria Journal 2016, 15: 508
3. Gregorio, ER J., Kobayashi J, Medina JRC, Simbulan NP
Knowledge, attitudes, and related practices of Filipino seafarers regarding cardiovascular diseases
International Maritime Health 2016;67(4):214-222.
4. Nanri A, Nakamoto K, Sakamoto N, Imai T, Akter S, Nonaka D, Mizoue T.
Association of serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D with influenza in case-control study nested in a cohort of Japanese employees. Clin Nutr. 2016: pii: S0261-5614(16)30215-1.
5. Gunawardena N, Kurotani K, Indrawansa S, Nonaka D, Mizoue T, Samarasinghe D. School-based intervention to enable school children to act as change agents on weight, physical activity and diet of their mothers: a cluster randomized controlled trial. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2016;13:45